Ugh. Winter is here and I’m dying for a warm-weather vacay already (side note: if you’re looking for a dog-friendly beach vacay, I highly recommend The Ritz-Carlton Aruba)! For some reason it’s not socially acceptable for dogs to do the whole ‘hibernating until spring’ thing, so when I have to brave the freezing temps to actually go outside during the winter in NYC – I obviously NEED cute outerwear.
Here’s the thing… I’m a small dog and I get cold really easily, so I’m really picky about finding outerwear that not only looks good, but is functional too! Here are a few of my favorite options for those days when you need an extra layer outside!
FABDOG PLAID BOUCLE COAT ($60)
This plaid bouclé jacket is the perfect for casual errands, weekends at a cozy cabin, or days when you just feel like wearing plaid. I like to wear it alone or layered over a cashmere sweater for extra warmth!
- Shell: 10% Wool, 20% Viscose, 50% Polyester, 20% Acrylic
- Lining: 100% Polyester, No filling.
- Expandable elastic + velcro closure
- Front Snap Closure for Hidden Harness Hole
- Functional pockets
- Wearing size 10
CHEWSY SNOW DAY PUFFER ($85)
There are cozy puffers and then there are puffers that are SO COZY that you almost don’t want to leave. The faux fur collar on this puffer vest is literally the softest thing ever. My human always comments that she wishes she had this puffer in her size – too bad human, too bad!
- Black quilted outer shell
- Gray faux fur collar
- Front snap closure
- Made with love in Los Angeles
- Wearing a size XS
Sometimes you want the warmth of a winter dog parka with the comfort of a vest – this Canada Pooch vest is the best of both worlds!
- Water-resistant & durable shell
- Soft fleece lining
- Fully removable hood
- Faux down stuffing
- Four functional cargo pockets for treat & bag storage
- Leash/harness slit
- Wearing size 10
This black puffer parka is a staple for winter in NYC. I actually have it in multiple colors (the camo version was my first winter parka as a puppy!) – it just fits me really well, it’s durable, and the price is great too!
- Thinsulate Thermal Heat Retention Technology for maximum protection from the cold
- Tone-on-Tone Inner Fleece Fabrics that will keep your pet warm and comfortable
- Faux Fur Removable Zip-Off Hood
- Usable Back Pockets
- Belly-Velcro closures making them easy to wear.
- Wearing a size S (I have the camo version in a XS which fits as well, it’s just shorter)
Puppy Angel Love Snowsuit ($110)
Last but not least, for those really freezing days when you need a full body snowsuit solution, this one will definitely keep you warm! This is my go-to for literal snow days and as it keeps almost all of me dry (just don’t forget to wear boots)!
- High quality and fashionable PU coated fabric for high density waterproof solution
- Waterproof, windproof, and dustproof
- Oeko-Tex(r) Standard 100 Product Class I
- PHRS Heat Retaining System with triple protectors (PHRS) – string, stopper and elastic band
- Detachable Hood and Detachable Trim
- High Quality Racoon Faux Fur
- Wearing size M (runs small in comparison to US sizing, make sure you look at the size chart!)